Oh to have the faith of a child, to have such assurance that Jesus hears our prayers and can make everything better.
As many of you know my father is battling cancer and has not been feeling great. He's in the middle of chemo treatments now and so is very susceptible to any cold or other contagion. My little family is battling with sinus crud so we cannot go and see Papa right now. Since Savannah's been sick her favorite phrase is, "I don't like this game [being sick] it's not fair." Tonight when we did our bedtime routine she asked about seeing Papa and I told her that we couldn't because we were sick and we didn't want to get Papa sick. She said, "It's very big not fair!"
We read scriptures, said prayers and afterward she likes to look at the picture book of the Old Testament. Usually this is a very interactive time where she pretends that Daniel's lions bite her finger and Goliath's pokey shield hurts her finger, when we see the burning bush she pretends that she burns her finger and we have to turn the page back quickly to where Moses is floating in his basket and she cools her finger in the water. Then she rocks baby Moses and we turn back to the vision of Jesus birth and she rocks baby Jesus.
Tonight however there was no interactions - just telling the different people good night. She had pulled a little pillow in her lap, rested her elbow in it and rested her chin on her hand. This is how our conversation went.
"Why are you sad baby?"
"I'm not sad, I was just thinking."
"What were you thinking about?"
"I was just thinking about Jesus making Papa better."
"That's a beautiful thing to think about, sweet Angel."
"I can pray to Jesus."
"Yes you can, baby."
We have so much to learn from these little ones sent to our care.
Oh to have such perfect faith - the faith of a child.
The wolf shall also dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
Isaiah 11:6
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
The Faith of a Child
Posted by irvy at 10:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I love your interactive scripture time. So cute! My little K has the same faith about prayers; it's amazing. She's always praying that she'll find a lost toy, or something. Then I pray for it too, so she won't lose her faith!
Post a Comment