Saturday, December 8, 2007

What a Blessing to be a Mama

Okay - I know that Savannah is not the perfect child, no matter how it may sound here sometimes, but I just have to record these sweet moments. Today, in answer to some prayers, I had a paying job for a bit. I went and helped a friend in her bakery decorating cookies and the like. I was out of the house by 6:15 a.m. (ouch) and didn't get home until about 4:30 p.m. Savannah called me a couple of times during the day to tell me she missed me and to tell me about her day. When I got home she came running down the steps and hugged me and kissed me and snuggled in my lap (until she was distracted by the icee I brought home.) Later tonight she was cuddled up with me on the couch and said, "I love you pretty Mommy, with all of my heart." I thought I was going to burst out in tears with the tenderness of the moment. Savannah is amazingly affectionate (another answer to prayers) and is quick to declare her love and devotion but never has she put it in such words, I am so blessed.

Christopher was not without his own sweet moments. He's been a pretty snuggly baby but since becoming mobile he hasn't wanted to take time from his play to really cuddle much, just a little hug here and there or he'll come lay his head on my knee for a head ruffle and pat on the back. Tonight when I got home he got all excited, climbed up in my arms and promptly laid his head on my shoulder for a good long snuggle, he lifted his head for some kisses and then laid it back down on my shoulder for more cuddles. Ahh, there's nothing like that feeling in all of the world, hugs and kisses freely given.

Sometimes I am so humbled by these children that Heavenly Father has blessed me with, such unconditional love and devotion, I know that I am not always worthy of it. They are so forgiving of my mistakes, of my "bad mommy" moments, of my lack of patience. They see me through the eyes of love with no judging of what the perfect mommy should be. I know that this won't last long, I know the time is soon coming when I will be the embarrassment, I know that eventually I will hear the words I dread most and prepare myself for daily, "you're not my REAL Mom." I know that this time will be fleeting, I pray that the stage where I'm the unintelligent embarrassment will be even more fleeting. I will just enjoy every minute of this time and treasure little arms around my neck, little heads nuzzled up against me and little kisses offered up. I truly am grateful to a Father in Heaven who knew how much my heart needed these little people in my life.

1 comments:

Jen said...

That was very touching, Kim. Thanks for sharing. You and Lakin are great parents!! Yes, you are very blessed!!